The S-Network Global Water IndexesSM are designed to serve as fair, impartial and transparent measures of the performance of the Global Water Industry. They embody certain characteristics that distinguish them from other indexes that attempt to cover the same industry. Key defining factors include:
- Global. S-Network Global Water IndexesSM embrace water companies from around the world. As a result, the index reflects the different factors driving the ongoing development of the industry, including important development initiatives in key emerging markets.
- Inclusive. S-Network Global Water IndexesSM strive to include all companies over a certain size that are significant participants in the global water industry. The S-Network Water IndexSM (Ticker: ^JGI) is the composite index and includes water utilities and companies engaged in water infrastructure and technology development. The composite is divided into two sub-indexes: S-Network Water WorksSM (Ticker: ^JWW), a compilation of 30 water utilities, and S-Network Water Technology and InfrastructureSM(Ticker: ^JWT), which embraces 30 water technology and infrastructure stocks.
- Purest Water. S-Network Global Water IndexesSM include only those companies that are significant participants in the global water industry. To be included in the index, a company must generate at least 25% of its revenues from water-related activities. Overall, the composite index generates well over 50% of its total revenues from water-related activities.
- Rules Based. S-Network Global Water IndexesSM depend on a clearly defined rules-based methodology, which is overseen by an impartial Index Committee. Little discretion is exercised in compiling the Indexes and a pre-defined screening protocol assures a consistent, transparent and arms-length compilation process.
- Data Rich. S-Network Global Water IndexesSM are supported by extensive data, including the wide dissemination of real time prices, extensive historic data and important information about constituent stocks.
Index values will be disseminated onto the Consolidated Tape Association, Tape B via the Chicago Mercantile Exchange using the following tickers:
|S-Network Global Water IndexSM||JGI|
|S-Network Global Water WorksSM||JWW|
|S-Network Global Water Technology and InfrastructureSM||JWT|